Monday, 18 April 2011

Greetings.

Well, hello there! Pleased to meet you. Welcome to 'She's got delusions of grandeur, that girl!'.

This is my first ever blog. I never thought about making one until someone asked me if I had one, because they'd been following and admiring my forum posts and wondered if I had a blog. Evidently, this is where I shall be sending her from now on!

So, a little about me?

Well, I'm coming up to my 25th birthday and I'm passionate about many things. The one passion I shall be blogging about is my obsession for vintage fashion. I am deeply passionate about fashion from the 20's to the 50's, particularly the 40's. In my spare time I am training to be a body piercer, so working in that atmosphere means I can be as experimental and flamboyant as I choose. It certainly creates a talking point with the customers!

And so to begin; I am the youngest of four siblings and live with my parents and dog in the concrete world of Milton Keynes. I went to school in Buckinghamshire, and was always a bit of an outsider; 'a bit' being a rather large understatement.

In school I excelled in drama and not much else. My art teacher wonderfully described me to my mother as 'bohemian' and to this day, I can't thank him enough for recognising my individuality! At 16 it was all I wanted; to be myself and not follow the crowd. That wasn't to say that I was particularly popular at school. I was short in stature and large in width. I had frizzy hair and 'Dierdre Barlow' glasses, however that didn't stop me wearing tie-dyed hippy tops and flared jeans on our 'mufty days' and being taunted for it. I swore I would never become a sheep and look like everyone else; and in honesty, that's one promise I've never broken!

So, that's a little background information and perhaps a little insight into the girl who always marched by the beat of her own drum.

During this blog, I hope to share with you all, a little part of myself and the world that I have created around me from all the wonderful and amazing parts of history that have touched me or my life. I shall be taking photographs of some of the gorgeous pieces of vintage fashion and writing my thoughts to accompany them.

I hope you enjoy your stay and find this an interesting read! Take care x

2 comments:

  1. Your blog looks really good so far. Great writing style and content. Keep up the fab work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the blog right now keep it up!
    http://lwig-lookwhatigot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena