Sunday, 24 April 2011

Got to love eBay!

It's been a lovely few days given the circumstance - I'm being made redundant in around 3 weeks' time. Whilst I've got some pennies, I decided to buy myself some rather bargainous beauties!

First of all, I bought an absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous and absolutely immaculate 1950's black velvet dress off eBay for the bargain price of FIFTEEN POUNDS!!! I found it completely by accident, just browsing through vintage clothes that were 'ending soonest' and stumbled upon this dress (pictured below). Lucky for me, no one had bid on it, so I whacked a bid on it and hoped for the best. Well, luck was on my side and it arrived in the post a few days later.

As soon as the post man arrived I ran down the stairs and grabbed it off my Dad, chucked it on and to my amazement, it fits like a glove. Admittedly, the bust is a little on the large side, but with some chicken fillets, I'd be able to fill it out a bit better! (Damn being a pear shape, as opposed to an hourglass, but ho hum, you can't win them all!).



To go with my gorgeous dress, I decided to try and treat myself to a pair of Jaeger espadrilles (in black silk!!) I popped a bid on them with about 1 minute and 30 seconds to go before they ended, so I just closed my eyes and kept my fingers crossed.... And they were mine! Mwahahaha... cue the evil laugh! Mine, for the bargain price of £38. I hope to god they fit. Eeeep.




1 comment:

  1. Wow. Brilliant finds. I dare not go on ebay myself, i'm sure i'd bankrupt myself in a night!

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena