Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Everyday musings...

So I got out of bed early today to take my poor broken dress to the menders. Amazingly, it's going to cost more to fix the dress than I paid for it.But, ah well. It's such an amazing dress, I'd be mad not to get it fixed.

I've also managed to talk my Mumma into a night out to "Hedna's Vintage Nightclub" on the 25th June at the Stables in Wavendon. Mumma does like a night out, especially as we're both into the music of the 30's and 40's so what better way so spend an evening eh! I can't wait. Apparently, the Beeb are going to be there too, so of course I shall have to get my seamed stockings out and get the face-pack on in an "All right, Mr. De Mille, I'm ready for my close-up" style! 



There's so much happening at the moment! I'm now officially unemployed - I was a Data Administrator for a Drug Service, but they couldn't afford to keep me on (tragically, I'm not at all saddened by this, only saddened by the fact that I shall have no money!). So, I've been applying for jobs left, right and centre.

If anyone knows of any modelling jobs, hair jobs, makeup jobs - do let me know! I'm pretty desperate for something other than office work. Suggestions on a postcard, people!

A few months ago, my Mumma and I had decided to attend Twinwood Festival (the amalgamation of Twinwood Festival and the Glenn Miller Festival) for the full three days. However as money and jobs seem to be a bit of an issue at the moment, so we've decided to just do one day. Can't decide which day though, I'm thinking the Saturday? Hmmm. Apparently, we missed a corker of a festival last year, when I believe Imelda May performed. Gutting! lol.



As I'm currently unemployed, I've been trawling through the job sites to no avail. I want an exciting, different job - not a standard admin job. So I've started looking at places like Gumtree where I've spotted the odd makeup job and whatnot. I've also got a few hobbies, one of which is sewing - well, I say sewing, more like 'fixing buttons onto tops' rather than actual dressmaking. So, I've dusted off my dilapidated old sewing machine and have taken it upon myself to advertise for someone to spend some time with me, teaching the basics of dress making. I have no idea if I'll get any inquiries, but my motto has always been 'if you don't ask, you don't get' - so I'm asking! If anyone knows of anyone who'd be willing to teach me to sew, then do pass on my details, thank you.


Speaking of hobbies, I've recently acquired a glue gun. And what better way to spend a sunday afternoon than making flowers for my hair! I spent hours in Dunelm Mill and Hobby Craft looking for flowers and managed to pick up a few bits and pieces to experiment with. I've never made anything like it before, but it's not a bad attempt I reckon! I made a few hair clips and even a pair of Pansy clip on earrings!





Just thought I'd post a picture of my Grandad's camera from 1951. My Dad was going to give it to a friend, but I knew it should stay in the family. I always found it fascinating when it was displayed on our dresser when I was a kid, so I've rescued it and it now sits pride of place on my books! Isn't it cute! Sadly, it's not in 'working condition' but for nostalgia's sake, I'll never part with it.





3 comments:

  1. Love the camera! I don't doubt my dad/grandad have vintage cameras and they're probably in working condition too. I'll have to ask
    Love the craftmaking too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you lost your job- it's never fun to be unemployed.

    I have given you a blog award:

    http://fortieswardrobe.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-won-award.html

    I'm a little late saying that, due to massive Blogger problem for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you said about "She's Got Delusions of Grandeur, That Girl!".........Thanks very nice.........hair jobs.......

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena