Monday, 20 June 2011

Brighton!!

Well, I've been a busy bunny this past couple of weeks; what with the wedding, my 25th Birthday and finally a trip to Brighton. It's been a very busy few days but absolutely golden. I went to stay with my best mate Claire and her flatmate Arran who are both such amazing people.

I am planning on moving down to Brighton as soon as I can. It's just so vibrant. It's an incredible town. The shops are insanely fantastic. They have an array of vintage shops that I spent a rather a lot of money in! I can't seem to help myself I am a self-confessed shopaholic! It's fantastic!

I managed to pick up a few things in a shop called Bric-a-Brac and upstairs is a vintage clothes shop called Snoopers' Paradise. In there I managed to pick up the most beautiful cream silk shirt. Probaby made in the 40's. It fits a treat and is a perfect replacement for the silk shirt that has a massive massive hole in it. I'm thinking of having it repaired but am dreading how much it's going to cost to have the hole sewn up - that's if they say yes in the first place, doubtful. Anyway one can live in hope!!

The next thing I bought was a gorgeous fifties 2 tier cake stand, to replace the one I have at home that I've managed to crack! I'm so gutted! It's so beautiful but at least if it gives up the ghost I do have a replacement.

All the while I'm shopping in antique shops I'm on the lookout for a hair tidy. I've seen ONE hair tidy in 4-6 shops! It's insane. Obviously they're a rare item - unlikely to make it through so many generations in 'one piece' as it were (or rather, two pieces!).

One thing I did manage to find was a pair of 1940's Mary Janes! They're gorgeous, and have the cutest heels. Very true to the age. They're black, of course, but that's a given.

I also borrowed a copy of Some Like it Hot thanks to my most gorgeous new friend Arran, and bought myself a copy of Style Me Vintage - a very quaint little book about vintage hairstyles that has some lovely pictures in it.




1 comment:

  1. Lovely, as always. :) Have you thought about adding a seam detail to fix your shirt? Depending on where, and how big the hole is, you could probably get a seam detail put in to hide it. It shouldn't cost more than £10, I would say. My mum did the very same thing for me the other day on a pair of chiffon shorts, and I was thrilled. She was also able to do the same on my boyfriend's Gucci shirt, which was a huge relief. Just a thought! x

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena