Monday, 20 June 2011

Londinium

Last week when I was down in London for my birthday, I booked myself in for a complimentary facial with legendary moisturiser brand Crème de la Mer. A friend of mine over at the Fedora Lounge sent me a sample of their unfusion and I've loved it ever since, so I thought I best try the whole shebang. 

The facial itself was in the Beauty Department in Selfridges on Bond Street. It lasted around 20-25 minutes and was an indulgence I shall be partaking in more and more often! It was divine. Svetlana was lovely - she was the CDLM manager who did my facial. She explained each product she was using and taught me how to apply the lotions and potions. After 20 minutes of pure bliss I was sad to have to leave the comfy chair!

So I uhmed and arghed for a while and after careful consideration I decided to treat myself to the 100ml pot of Crème de la Mer moisturiser. It's a special edition version - it usually comes in 50ml or 250ml jars, so it made sense to buy the middle sized one. Plus it comes with a cute ltd edition box!


The next thing on my to-do list was to visit Christian Louboutin to have a good ogle at the most incredibly self-indulgent shoes on the planet (other than Manolo Blahnik of course!). I tried on a pair of black suede pumps and I swear, one day, they WILL be mine! They were called Ron Ron 85 and they were amazingly beautiful. Plain black suede pumps with a 3 inch stiletto. My Grandma Iris would have be so proud of me!
As I was trying on my next pair of shoes to be, Mumma got talking to a lady about her daughter who was also trying on the Louboutins. She was telling Mumma that her daughter was going to spend THREE THOUSAND POUNDS on a pair of Louboutins to get married in!!! She looked younger than me!! Her Mum was so shocked and dismayed at her daughter spending that much money on shoes - but what amazes me is that she still went to Christian Louboutin with her daughter to buy them! Why? If she was so against it, why condone it by accompanying her? There's no way I'd spend £3k on a pair of shoes to get married in - and I certainly wouldn't expect my Mumma to come with me - that's like pouring salt on a wound surely?

Well, that's what young people have credit cards for I guess. I can say with my hand on heart that I've never had a credit card and don't intend to. I don't live above my means. It's as simple as that.


These, but in black suede, methinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena