Tuesday, 7 June 2011

You snooze, you lose!

Just thought I'd write a little tidbit about my difficulties in finding a pair of reproduction 1940's swing trousers! Now, I'm no dressmaker myself (starting out dressmaker at the very least) so I thought I'd buy some, to save time. Well, time hadn't really been saved after the hours I spent trawling the internet for a seemingly elusive pair of swing trousers.

Obviously, one of the first places I went to was Vivien of Holloway.
Now, I've never bought anything from them, as I'm not too keen on their style of clothing (very kitsch repro and I can spot a Vivien dress a mile away - which may be great for the company, but not for me!) but I was willing to give these trousers a try. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you see it) they were sold out. Never one to give up too soon, I phoned them and spoke to a lovely lady at Vivien of Holloway about sourcing a pair. Apparently, they weren't planning on making any more of their swing trousers any time soon. I was quite put off by the fact that they weren't planning on having any more in - they're basic swing trousers and in my opinion, any girl remotely interested in the 1940's should own a pair - so I was a bit disheartened when they told me they weren't available.

So time went on, and I finally managed to track down a pair of black 26" waist swing trousers from a company called Morellos.co.uk - which I have previously posted about. I have been totally enamored with the trousers I bought from them (made by La Riviera) so I shall definitely being buying another pair (maybe red next time?)

This was all about 2-3 weeks ago now. But today, I receive a missed call on my phone, and it turns out it was  the lady from Vivien of Holloway phoning to tell me they won't be having any of the trousers in. I have to say, it was lovely of them to remember to get back to me. It's a rare thing indeed to have a clothing shop actually phone me back after I've made an inquiry. So on the one hand, I'm impressed, but with the news that they don't stock swing trousers, I'm also very disappointed.

So there you go people. It's another case of 'you snooze, you lose' - Morellos.co.uk got my custom instead of Vivien of Holloway.

After all this, I'm thinking maybe I should start making swing trousers and sell them on eBay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena