Saturday, 2 July 2011

Holy Mackerel!!!!

Ever since I was a child, I've always dreamed of having my own business. It sounds a bit odd saying that, but it's true. When I was a kid every so often I visited my Grandparents who lived in Liverpool. My parents took me to a shopping mall called Quiggins which very quickly defined my late childhood/early teens as a 'goth'. Quiggins was an 'alternative' emporium in what seemed to me, to be the most amazing building in Liverpool. It felt like an old factory, that had been partitioned into shops galore. There was a cafe/restaurant on the top floor, a furniture shop, poster shop, record store, Clairvoyant and hair salon... probably more, that my memory fails to remember!

So for years I've always talked about having my own 'Quiggins'. Sadly, the city in which I live doesn't exactly house the same level of history that Liverpool does, so finding a 100 year old factory in Milton Keynes to occupy, may be hard ask. However, I am not easily swayed when I have an idea, I tend to run with it to the best of my ability, so watch this space.


Quiggins that no longer exists - after a 4 year battle with the locals, the city closed Quiggins down in 2006 with a Compulsory Purchase Order, with plans to 're-modernise' the local area. 


I have once again enlisted the help and support of the Prince's Trust. They amazingly awarded me a £300 grant towards the cost of my new occupation as a Body Piercer (which I'm loving!). Alongside my piercing, I'd like incorporate my love for fashion; particularly vintage fashion from the 20's to the late 50's - which is what my blog is mostly about - funnily enough!

I'm due to attend an introductory session with the Princes Trust on 26th July, so I shall of course be updating my blog with anything to do with my new vintage based business venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena